Subject: Re: Roto in Lightwave
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 94 23:17:31 PDT

>I received a note stating that rotoing using lightwaves image sequence is not
>very accurate, that the images do not match the final frames, maybe some kind
>of scaling of the image when it is loaded in.

	Hmmmmm, how are we using the term "rotoscoping" here?  In my lexicon
	it means, essentially, "tracing from captured imagery".  In the 3D
	world I take it to mean more like "positioning with captured imagery".

	Or are you guys taping dancers and matching HUMANOID (great package)
	with the captures?

	If there is a consistant offset with the 1bit preview, Allen needs to
	know ASAP.

>>>>>>>>>>>

	OBTW, I just finished a project where we did 2d rotoscoping.  Maybe 
	my methodology was wrong, but it was VERY laborious.  Much more
	so than I expected.

	Hard-won advice:  reduce your image to the GREATEST number of colors
	(bitplanes) you can work with.  Accelerated AGA machines are really the
	way to go here.

	Also, shoot the capture on the highest contrast background possible,
	even if it means a lot of work.  You'll thank me later.

***********************************************************************
*   (OOOOO)  [email-masked]  |  Synergy Graphix & Animation     *
*  (OOOOOOO)  Welcome to Seattle!  |   Film and Video Productions     *
*    \\\\\\    Have a latte'!      |Technical Subjects Our Specialty! *
*     \\\\\\                       |         (206) 283-3540           *
***********************************************************************